March 04, 2015

Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 palette vs Naked Basics 1 | Review

I have been using both palettes for a while now. I don't think I've made a post about the Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 palette yet, but I thought comparing both would be a nice way to do so.

Before the second instalment in the Naked Basics series came out, I thought the original one was all I needed (but then again, I also thought that when the first Naked palette was launched and I own them all now). I used it all the time, more so than my bigger palettes. The size is very compact and not only great for travel, but also easier for every day makeup.

When the second one was released, I was very excited and decided to buy it right away. I am not a big fan on eyeshadow (ironic since I have so many palettes and single eyeshadows), but when I do wear it, I love my neutrals! It's amazing that I can create my everyday look with just one palette because it saves me a lot of time.

The Naked Basics 2 palette has cooler shades than the Naked Basics, which I personally prefer (the Naked 2 palette is my favorite from the all). If I had to say something bad about it, it would be the lack of a highlight shade; you could do with 'Skimp', but I don't like my brow highlight to be shimmery. That's the only thing why it might not be perfect. 

The Naked Basics (1) does have a beautiful highlight color, 'Foxy' (also available in the Naked 2 palette), but I personally never use the black shadow and I wish they would have put something else instead.

The Naked Basics 2 is the winner for me! Do you own any of them? Which one do you like more?

Lucia.

No comments:

Post a Comment